2 small avocados
2 (3 oz.) bars dark chocolate (I use the highest percent I can find like this one.)
pinch of himalayan sea salt
2 tsp coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
cacao powder (for rolling) – cocoa is fine if you cannot find cacao!
- Mash the avocado with a fork or muddler until there are no visible lumps.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler, being careful not to burn!
- Stir melted chocolate into avocado mixture.
- Add sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and then coat in cacao powder.
Makes 24. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving!
I fell in love with these truffles when my sweet friend (and instructor!), Jamie, made these for a party! Get creative and let us know if you try any other combinations!