Happy New Year!
I haven’t been this excited for the start of a new year in a long time. 2016 felt like a roller coaster! It was full of highs, lows and LOTS and lots of lessons. I’ll be using many of them to navigate this year! I have so much HOPE going into 2017 – I can’t wait to share more about that with you!
This is one of the first years that I have really prepared for. Usually, the first of the year sneaks up on me and it takes me until February to get it together, but then I’m all like… “it’s already February, so I might as well just wait ’til next year!”. Ha! Anyone else feel this way? I’ve been in such anticipation of 2017, that I actually feel super prepared for it and that feels GOOD!
Here are 5 ways I’ve prepared for the new year!
- The Panda Planner – I purchased this planner for myself and our entire staff for the year! My favorite thing about it is the emphasis it puts on “wins” of the week, goal setting and intention. Click here to purchase and enter “pandafam” for 10% off!
- Food Prep Plan – I have been studying nutrition and the way it affects my body for the past year. I’ve tried so many different plans and methods. We have started this Facebook group in addition to the blog to create a community of wellness interaction, so join us there! We are executing the Whole 30 this month! There’s still time to join us and it’s not too late to commit to clean eating and starting fresh this year.
- A better sleep routine – I have not valued sleep the way I should in the past. Over the past couple of months, I have been trying to stick to a bedtime routine that works for me. Right now, this includes getting away from my phone for at least an hour before bed, reading an actual book (not through technology) and my absolute favorite: hot tea with coconut milk. I look so forward to it every night! It eases tension, helps me relax and turn my brain off to get deep, productive sleep.
- Home Detox – I have been working on extreme organization of our home over the past couple of weeks. I’ve been doing it in sections to make it manageable and documenting along the way so that I can share with you! I have the tendency to start lots of projects, but struggle finishing them. Anyone else?? I’ve found that if I turn it into a few smaller projects, it really helps! I have also learned that I am far more productive and enjoy my sweet home so much more when I’m organized! It’s just harder for some of us than others, 😉 The first edition of this will be on the blog later this week!
- Scheduling time away – This is HUGE! No matter your profession – entrepreneur, mom, nurse, teacher, etc… it is imperative that we schedule our free time! I have learned so much about this over the last six months and I can’t wait to incorporate it into 2017. I am scheduling time in my planner in advance so that I’m prepared to be away. This ensures that my staff isn’t left unorganized, our pups are taken care of, I’ve gotten ahead with work obligations, etc. All of these things help me to really enjoy the time away, whether it’s with my husband, friends or even a day alone (needed sometimes, #AmIRight!?).
What are some of your plans/resolutions for this year? I’d love to hear them!
In the spirit of clean eating, I’m leaving you with a super simple recipe!
I love these roasted carrots! Are they not beautiful?! Just peel, chop, and coat in garlic infused olive oil, raw local honey, a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and kosher salt! Roast on 400 degrees for 18 min!
Photos: Sarah Holmes
Gorgeous carrots: c/o my sweet friend, Tammy!
Sending love to all of you!